Friday, July 2, 2010

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my (one-year-old for another 24 hours) boy this week:
5. Marino busted open my lip on Saturday. It was so painful, I was nauseous! I got up and ran to the bathroom so Marino wouldn't see me upset and bleeding. I heard him telling my mom "Mommy sick. She cried. I sorry." Then he knocked on the door and said "need hug?" and gave me a hug.

4. Last night, Marino was up for a couple hours overnight and was hysterical whenever we tried to put him in his crib. We finally put him in bed with us. After 5 minutes of total silence, Marino announced "I SLEEPING." We laughed and all went silent again. After another 5 minutes, he announced "MOMMY SLEEPING!"

3. The other day he pointed at the laptop and said "Gramma in computer?" (remembering Skype, apparently).

2. Over the weekend, we went to my hometown (Poughkeepsie, NY). When we were driving over the bridge, Marino said "WOW! It's beautiful!"

1. We've been working on getting him to be more gentle with the dog and teaching him to tell Max he's a "good boy." Now whenever he sees a dog on tv, he says "It's a doggy. Good boy, doggy! Mommy, the doggy is a good boy!"

1 comment: