Saturday, August 15, 2009

Preemie GTG: County Fair


Saturday, we had a preemie get together at the County Fair. Megan was there with Simon, Katie was there with Brendan and Laura was there with Cameron and Evan. It was great to see everyone again and all the babies are getting so big!

Here's Marino and Simon getting reaquainted. They got a long famously!
Marino is REALLY into climbing right now. He spent a good 20 minutes trying to climb up this gazebo.

He even tried to conspire with Brendan to climb it!

Katie calls Brendan "The Dictator" and, judging by this picture, Brendan must have passed on his dictator tricks to Marino!
Here's a picture of all the babies. From L to R: Cameron, Evan, Marino, Brendan and Simon.
There were lots of great animals to see at the fair - even more than I remember from the last time I was there. This miniature horse was one of my favorites. I remember we used to drive from NY to MD several times a year to visit my grandparents when I was a child and we always used to pass a miniature horse farm. For some bizarre reason, my parents never wanted to stop there;) so I always promised myself I would go on my own one day. It must be gone, though, since I never see it on my drives to NY now:(
Here's Marino, Simon and Brendan checking out the animals.
Here are some alpacas that were there. They had cool haircuts.
There was a bunch of baby ducks. I loved them!
Marino was pretty into this Clydesdale. Maybe he'll be a rider one day like his mama?
The Fair has a "birthing center" where you can watch mama cows give birth. Seems sort of cruel to me, since I was think being in pain is enough to cause them panic, let alone fifty onlookers. Needless to say, we did not watch any births, but we did visit the end result, this baby girl calf, that was born the day before. She's adorable!!
Here's a picture of Brendan, looking very handsome.

And Simon, who really liked all the animals (and even talked to them).
And here's Cameron and Evan. Poor Laura was stuck in traffic on the Beltway for 90 minutes!!
This is how you know your child is ready to leave the Fair!
The funny thing is that we were in the First Aid center at the time he did this. They have an air conditioned room there and the nurses said "Let those babies in the a/c room! This one needs it!"
Speaking of which, just a mama tip for you, the First Aid center at the Fair is open to moms and little ones who need to cool off, nurse, get changed in a comfortable environment, etc. Just something to keep in mind for your next hot trip to the Fair!

Can't wait to see everyone next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment