As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:
5. Out of nowhere on our commute one day this week, Marino said "Mommy, you and Daddy are the best."
4. We're going on a Disney Cruise and I had Goofy "call" him about our trip. After
the call he said "I was trying to tell him something but he wouldn't listen to
me! Call him back!"
3. We visited Sonia for Catalina's birthday last weekend and Bernadette and Sabrina were there. Sabrina was pretending to throw a drum at Bern and Marino told her "It's not nice to hit your mom with a drum. You're being a bullet and bullets are not cool." (bullet = bully).
2. Later this week, his friend Jace stuck out his tongue and made a razzing sound at him in the morning. "You know what you sound like, Jace?" he asked. "You sound like a bullet."
1. My boy loves to eat and is so enthusiastic about his food. One day this week he said "Mommy, you packed Pirate's Booty in my lunch. How did you know to do that? I loooove Pirate's Booty!"
Monday, February 4, 2013
Last month your brother was here visiting. He turned 13 while he was here. Seeing the two of you together is one of the greatest joys of my life. Though it had been a long time since you last saw each other, the connection between the two of you was palpable instantly. Without skipping a beat, the two of you were best friends. Within minutes I asked you who your favorite person was. "My brother" you answered. "What about me?" I asked. "Nope," you said, "It's just my brother." And so it goes...he was the first person you wanted to see when you woke up and wanted to make sure you could play with him again when you woke up. Quintyn is amazing with you - always ready to engage and play and have fun with you. Seeing you and your brother and the love you have for each other, even while I'm mourning the loss of my own brother, its another reminder of how beautiful and precious life is. I'm so glad you have each other and have that bond.
all pictures taken by Gina Brown, RMB Photography