Monday, February 4, 2013

Your Brother

Dear Marino:

         Last month your brother was here visiting. He turned 13 while he was here. Seeing the two of you together is one of the greatest joys of my life. Though it had been a long time since you last saw each other, the connection between the two of you was palpable instantly. Without skipping a beat, the two of you were best friends. Within minutes I asked you who your favorite person was. "My brother" you answered. "What about me?" I asked. "Nope," you said, "It's just my brother." And so it goes...he was the first person you wanted to see when you woke up and wanted to make sure you could play with him again when you woke up. Quintyn is amazing with you - always ready to engage and play and have fun with you. Seeing you and your brother and the love you have for each other, even while I'm mourning the loss of my own brother, its another reminder of how beautiful and precious life is. I'm so glad you have each other and have that bond. 







 all pictures taken by Gina Brown, RMB Photography

3 comments: