Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dinosaurs, Bugs and Friends - Oh My!

Marino and I were home Thursday and Friday due to power outages at work and daycare after Wednesday evening's "thundersnow" storm. We were both happy to get out of the house and have some fun this weekend.

Evan, Marino and I headed down to DC to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. I hadn't been there since I was a kid, so it was equally exciting for me as it was for Marino. He could not stop asking "Are we going to see dinosaurs?" As we were leaving, he excitedly told our neighbors "I going to see dinosaurs!" "Big ones?" they asked. "No, small ones" he said, very seriously. I was slightly concerned he would be afraid of the dinos but he was nothing but excited.




We also got a chance to see Nemo and Dory!
A couple short videos from Marino's exploration of the insect exhibits...



Sneaky fox...



He did end up having a nightmare that night about a crocodile "getting" his face (we saw a huge stuffed crocodile there). He seemed to forget about it in a couple days.

Since Marino napped on the ride home, we still had a full afternoon of entertaining the boy ahead of us. We played with Play-doh (primarily Marino picks up various creations we make and asks if he can throw them...he gets this devilish grin and asks "I throw this? No? I roll it?"). We also baked snowman and gingerbread man sugar cookies. We gave Marino the spoon to like which he did and then stuck the spoon in the rolled cookie dough where we were cutting out shapes. I think he liked the dough better than the baked cookies!

On Sunday, we went to visit our friends Kristal and Gabrielle. Kristal is now over 25 weeks pregnant and doing great! I told her this is the first time I've seen her pregnant and standing up! They hope to welcome their new baby girl in April.
Gabrielle was a sweetie, as always. She decided to count in Spanish for us, "uno, dos, tres, quatro, cinco, gracias"!! So sweet.
Some pics of her and Marino sharing a snack.
We got to see their yorkie getting a bath in the sink, which Marino LOVED! He is such an animal lover!
This is his silly face. If you see this face, do not believe anything he is saying!!



Love this sweet face!
Such a doll!

No comments:

Post a Comment