Friday, February 25, 2011

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. Marino has always delighted in seeing animals. Lately, we've been seeing lots of bird flocks (presumably returning from a southern vacation). I casually mentioned once to Marino that there must be a bird party. He has taken this idea and run with it. Everytime we see a flock, he says "Mommy, the birds are going to the bird party! They eat cake there?" The other night we saw an airplane which he announced was also on its way to the bird party.

4. Over the weekend, my mom rolled up Marino's pajama sleeves while he was eating breakfast. When he got down from the table, he started shaking his arms and asking his sleeves "Why are you colding me?"

3. Sunday, my mom took Marino for a walk to the playground. She said he walked up to some strange dad there and announced "This is my Gramma. My mommy is busy."

2. When Marino is pretending to be a pirate (which happens more often than you would think), he says "Argh, ladies" (instead of "Argh, matey").

1. We have all had a bad cold this past week. The other night when I was putting Marino to bed, he wouldn't stop talking. I said "It's time to go to bed. Stop talking." "You stop making this sound!" he said, and began a series of exaggerated sniffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment