5. The other day we were reading a book in the bathroom and we came across a picture of a whale. Marino said "This whale wants to go back home". He pretended to scoop up the whale with two hands and put it into the ocean.
4. Marino is in love with Pepperidge Farm cinnamon bread. But it never fails to shock me a little when he asks for it, since he calls it "human bread." He must confuse the words "cinnamon" and "human."
3. The road we take to school every day is decorated for the season with lit up leaping deer with ribbons around their necks. Marino said "Look, Mommy, its a super deer! He has a cape! He flies!"
2. The other night I was talking to him about how we would be visit Aunt Sonia and her new baby, Baby Alana (born last Tuesday!). He was excited and a little while later said "We're going to visit Aunt Sonia and a baby llama!"
1. Marino loves the book Polar Express. I told him that my dad has the movie and we can watch it when we go there for Christmas. Yesterday when we passed a light display of doves (they "fly" around earth with the words "Peace on Earth"), he said "Merry Christmas, birdies! See you when we get back from Pap Pap's house! He has Polar Express!!"