Friday, December 2, 2011

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. Sometimes this boy is so clever it's scary. Last Friday, he went came into the kitchen wearing my slouchy boots and announced "Look! I'm Quintyn Boots" (Quintyn Boots = Puss in Boots - he insists the cat shares his brother's first name).
4. Marino saw a picture of himself from two Christmases ago. He said "Mommy, that's me with 2 teeth." (he really did only have 2 teeth).

3. Marino's preschool is connected to a church (in body only - religion is not discussed aside from in the context of culture). The only time we've been in the church portion was for a preschool-wide dinner in the Fellowship Hall. When I was dropping him off the other day, he said "Mommy, that's a church." I said "Yes, do you think you get blessings there?" He replied "There's no blessings in there. Just food."

2. The other day we got in the car and "Watch the Throne" (Jay-Z and Kanye West) came on the radio. Marino said "Mommy, you can't listen to this song. This is Daddy's song. It's not for girls."

1. Last night we were "waiting for pee pee to come" at the potty. Marino looked at me and said "Mommy, you have red thunder in your eyes?"
Red thunder = red lightning = veins in my eye

No comments:

Post a Comment