Monday, January 23, 2012

Last Days of Our NY Trip

My mom and stepfather were nice enough to take Marino to the Hudson Highland Nature Museum in Cornwall to visit some local animals. He really enjoyed himself, especially checking out some very active mice and a talking crow. I had no idea crows could talk, but apparently, this one says "hello." Marino was very impressed.

The amazing talking crow!
Checking things out with Grampa Ray


The last day of our trip was really special because I got the opportunity to reconnect with an old friend. Lauren was one of my roommates in college and has been an amazing friend to me. She's one of those people in my life that came along at a time when I really needed her, and she's fiercely loyal and hysterically funny (great combination). We hadn't seen each other in years, but we met up (with Marino) at The Beanrunner Cafe in Peekskill. The cafe is great, they have a gated playroom with seating for adults so you can have a conversation while you watch the kids play - I wish there were more places like this! Marino decided he loved Lauren in no time, and I had a great time catching up with her...I'm looking forward to seeing her again soon!

I know, she's gorgeous, too!
Can't wait to catch up again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment