Friday, January 27, 2012

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. Out of no where last weekend, Marino announced "You and me and Daddy love each other."

4. Several times this week, Marino has woken up very happy. One morning he woke up and shouted down the steps "Mommy, I had a really good nap!". When he came downstairs he said "I just want to lay down and snuggle with you on the couch!" A couple days later he woke up in the morning and announced "I had a perfect nap!"

3. On the way to work/school the other day, a car in front of us hit a baby deer. After we left the scene of the accident (no one was hurt, aside from the deer), the following conversation took place...

Marino: "What happened to the baby reindeer?"
Mommy: "Um, he fell down, but someone is going back to help him."
Marino: "Is a superhero coming?"
Mommy: "Yes."
Marino: "Is Superman coming?"
Mommy: "Yes"
Marino: "I think Superman is going to bring all the Superfriends to help the baby reindeer. And they are going to fly him back to his mommy and baby deer sister. "

Heartwarming, right? Then three minutes later he announces "Um, Mommy? I think a wolf is going to come eat that deer. "

2. As I was dropping him off a preschool the other morning he said "Bye, don't forget to bring money!" I asked why I need to bring money and he said "So you can take out some of the teachers!". Then he popped his head out the door when I was half way to my car and said "Mommy, you need to get to work, so you can come home and snuggle with me!"

1. And last, but most significant, Marino is potty trained! Its definately not a flawless process, but he's gone over a month without wearing diapers with very few accidents (even overnight).

No comments:

Post a Comment