Friday, January 20, 2012

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. The other day, Marino looked at a picture of Evan and I on our wedding day. He said, "Mommy, you were a princess!"

4. Funny or sad? Last week we had to give Marino a suppository because he'd gone 5 days without pooping and was obviously in pain. As we were positioning him to get the suppository he said "You guys, this is the best!" We stopped trying to sell it at that point, since, clearly, it was not going to be the best (although he did really well, considering)

3. On Monday, Sabrina and her friend Zahra came to my dad's to hang out with Marino while I went to a wake. I said, "Marino, the girls are going to stay here and play with you." "No" he said "They can't. These are the bad girls."

2. Marino is very interested in the concepts of being "big" and "small" (old/young). The other day in the car, he asked my mom, "Gramma, when I'm a big giant boy and a daddy, can I drive the front of the car? And you will sit in the cow seat?" (his car seat has a cow print).

1. Lots of conversations these days start with Marino saying "When I was a tiny tiny baby..." The other day he said "Mommy, when I was a tiny tiny baby, you would hold me in your arms and I would cry like this 'wah wah'. And I looked just like Baby Megamind!"

No comments:

Post a Comment