Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Monday, February 27, 2012
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Jahvon, Marino, Raiden
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Friday, February 17, 2012
5. Poor Marino had Hand Foot Mouth virus (Coxsackievirus) again this week. He kept telling me "I need medicine to feel me better. Take my temperature."
4. Marino always tries to get me to laugh. The other day he put together a huge stack of crackers and cheese and shoved it in his mouth. "Hey, look, Mommy! Its a burger!" he said.
3. I bought him Jello since his throat was bothering him. Apparently, this was his first time eating Jello, and he was very amused. He kept saying "Hey, look! It's shaking! It keeps moving! It's so silly!" He was definitely confused about the name, however. He asked me for "more jealous, please" yesterday.
2. Apparently, Marino had a very exciting dream the other night. He woke up and said "Mommy, there was a giant octopus behind your car. Its trying to catch up to us! It's going to scoop up the whole city with its giant arms!"
1. When I took Marino to the pediatrician the other day, he was so well behaved. When we left I told him I was proud of him and he said "Yeah, I was not shy with Dr. Rahman."
Friday, February 10, 2012
5. I've been leading a preschool storytime at a local independent bookstore in town (I plan to post details about the storytimes I've done, I just haven't gotten around to it yet). Last week's theme was love/Valentine's Day. I asked the kids to introduce themselves and tell me someone they love. Marino thought for about 2 minutes before he responded with "I love Quintyn, my brother." Also sweet - I gave the kids heart shaped lollipops before I started reading. After I gave them out, Marino said "Hey, Mommy! You forgot to give lollipops to the mommies!"
4. Later the kids decorated these heart shaped ornaments for Valentine's Day. Marino finished his and presented it to me, saying "I made this for you, Happy Valentine's Day." Then, twice he decided he needed to add more decorations so he went back to the table, finished it up and represented it to me.
3. Marino made the Peapod delivery guy's night on Friday. When he arrived, Marino said "Hi, I'm Marino." "Marino? That's a nice name," he said, "My name is Stefan." Marino said "Stefan? That's a really good man name." I think Stefan was pretty pleased with himself...
2. One of Marino's new buddies at school is a little girl named Ellen. When I came to pick him up the other day, he said "Ellen, say hi to my mommy." "Hi, Mommy" she said. "No, no, Ellen," said Marino, "This is not your mommy, it's my mommy. So you just say 'hi, Marino's mommy'". Ellen must be used to dealing with Marino, since she was unfazed by this conversation. Yesterday when we were leaving, he shouted down the stairs to her "Bye, Ellen! You will miss me so much!"
1. Yesterday when I picked Marino up, his friend Ike was upset about something. As we were walking out together, Marino said "You want to hold my hand, Ike?" Ike said "No, I want to hold my mom's hand." "I will hold your mom's hand, too," Marino said, taking her hand, "Then we can all hold hands together."
Monday, February 6, 2012
Sunday, we went to a birthday party in the afternoon and then headed over to Kristal's to watch the Superbowl (sort of). Marino and Gabrielle had a great time together, as always. Marino was very sad when it was time to go home.
I love this picture of the two of them with the sassy pose!
Friday, February 3, 2012
Last Saturday was one of those days. Our local library hosted a Hot Peas N Butter concert and we had such an amazing time. If you're not familiar with Hot Peas N Butter, definitely check them out. They are a NY based world music band for kids and their music is awesome (even for adults). After some last minute working of my contacts, I was able to get tickets for Marino, my mom and I, Sydney and Jen and Ariana and Karen.
Ariana was rocking out, too! Karen and Hot Peas N Butter...love how Ariana is so intently listening to the conversation!
These two were quite the love birds this day...Marino with Francisco and Danny (aka Hot Peas N Butter)
Such a fun day...we all headed to ChickFilA for more playtime after the show. I wish we could do it all over again this Saturday!!
5. One of Marino's latest "tricks" to get us to laugh is to hold up something under his nose (a finger, a piece of fuzz, my hair) and say "Look at me! I'm Mr. Marino."
4. Our dog had a cancerous mass removed from his side last Friday. When he came home on Saturday, he had six stitches in his side. Marino took one look at him and said "Oh no! I think Maxis is cracked!"
3. On the way to work the other day, Marino said "Oh no, Mommy, you've got to get in front of those cars!" (that were driving in front of us in traffic). "I can't just get in front," I said, "We have to wait our turn." "Oh, okay," Marino said, "Tomorrow it will be your turn to be the leader?"
2. Marino moved into the Primary class at his Montessori school this week. I was a bit concerned with how he would do with the change, but he's doing great and I got lots of positive reports about how focused he's been.
1. My mom and I were talking yesterday about how much Marino likes for everyone to be pleased with him. He always asks if we are happy. He'll often say things like "I listened to my teachers today! You will be so happy!" or "I pooped in the potty today! My Daddy will be so happy!"