Sunday, May 8, 2011

Apple Blossom Festival

I am still a week behind on the blog, which I hate! The past couple weeks all of my spare time has gone into selling stuff we don't need a) on Craig's List b) at a large consignment sale and c) at a community yard sale. We sold a lot of stuff, enough to finance my next project: make our backyard into a place we all want to hang out. We're going to buy a outdoor climber for Marino, some comfy chairs for Evan and I to sit in, and I have some decorative ideas in the works, including painting our unused planters in ocean colors and adding solar tiki torches, painting bird houses, etc. Oh, and buy outdoor storage seats, so I can pick up all the toys in the lawn at the end of the day. Anyway, I've felt very frugal selling my old stuff to finance something that will benefit the whole family. I'll post pictures once the backyard is complete. I think I have too much time on my hands now that school is over!

Last Sunday we went to Winchester to Grammy Deb's new house where right across the street they were holding the town's annual Apple Blossom Festival. The day we went was a special kid's day and they had lots of fun things for the kids to do, including a bounce house (Marino's favorite thing) and a petting zoo with some exotic animals.

As I am obsessed with all baby animals, I was loving this baby camel!


Is that a big bunny, or what?
Someone call cuteoverload.com...this sheep is snuggling an enormous turtle. It seems to me this turtle would not make a good cuddle partner, but they were hugged up the whole time we were there.
My buddy again...


One of the giant toys Evan won for Marino playing games.
Aunt Chelle, Marino and Evan enjoying some treats.
Another one of Daddy's prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment