Friday, May 20, 2011

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. A week or so ago, my riding lesson was cancelled. Evan had already picked Marino up and he was very happy to see me when I got home. I asked him how his day was and he said "I missed you today, Mommy. You not riding horseys today?"

4. It's fun to watch the boy learn and apply social ettiquette. Everytime we encounter someone new (and even sometimes someone not so new) he says "HI! I'M MARINO". Sometimes he includes his last name and sometimes he introduces himself as "Super Marino".

3. Marino has discovered the wonder of drinking fountains. His school has a low water fountain and everytime we pass it, Marino says "Oh, I need some water." Then he takes about 5 minutes to adjust the height of the water and work up the nerve to put his face in to get a drink. It's sort of painful to watch, but he is getting the hang of it.

2. We got to visit with some of our favorite friends, Jen and Sydney, last weekend. We walked over to the playground where Marino had the idea to create a train on the slide by holding Sydney's legs. I thought it was pretty creative.

1. This picture makes me happy. When Marino saw it, he said "I see Sydney. That's my best friend." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment