Friday, January 8, 2010

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. I've mentioned this before, but toddlers are kind of like little parrots and you realize how often you say things when there is someone modeling your speech on a regular basis. I find this adorable: Marino says "k" in response to things instead of "okay" because that's usually what I say. So, I'll say "Marino, do you want to eat?" and he'll say "Eat? K." I love it (its really only cute because I didn't realize how often I say that until he started saying it, too).

4. The boy is seriously obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba. We can't watch anything else in our house. If the tv is on, it has to be on YGG. Not only that, but at the end of each episode, they do a little muscial recap of the episode. Before that even starts, Marino wants to watch a new episode. Once DJ Lance Rock says "Let's do it. Break it down." Marino starts saying "uh oh. Mote! Sass!" and handing us the remote to watch a new episode. We created a monster!

3. Interesting new words the boy started saying this week: "garlic" (pronounced "garkick") and broccolli (pronounced "brocci"). He picked these up from playing in his new play kitchen that Santa brought.

2. AND he has a new sentence "you broke it" (pronounced "u broke kick"). This is said about anything that is in more than one piece, whether its broken or not. When he drops the "mote" and the batteries come out, "you broke it." When he sees the cover off of the calculator "uh oh. You broke it." He does try to fix the "broken" things as well, which is sweet.

1. "CHEESE!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment