Friday, January 1, 2010

5 on Friday

After a week off, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. We're very slowly working on potty training. Marino at least understands the concept of the potty and enjoys sitting on it. This week he started pulling off toilet paper and throwing it in his potty. He's also started being more private about going to the bathroom, which apparently is a good sign he is really ready. Its slow going, but it doesn't seem like he is resistant, which is great!

4. Marino is actually becoming somewhat helpful around the house. If he finds anything small on the floor, he gives it to me, with the exception of Max's food, which he puts back in Max's food bowl. He also picks up any crumbs on his food tray and either gives them to me or yells "Mashis!" and hands them over to Max to eat.

3. The other day we were in the mall and he saw a picture of a soccer ball and said "ball. kick." It could have just been dumb luck, but I had never even heard him say kick before, let alone in the context of the correct ball for kicking. Future athlete? He has a mean throwing arm!

2. Speaking of throwing, yesterday he threw a Little People farmer at me. Evan had a stern talk with him and he apologized ("sowwy"). A few minutes later he very gently handed the farmer and then gave me a hug and kiss with it. Sounds like he learned his lesson (until tomorrow when he forgets, I'm sure).

1. Marino started saying "love you" back to us this week. The first time he said it was Saturday night. I said "I love you" and he said "yub you" and gave me an unsolicited kiss and hug and said "awww." Evan and I still get excited everytime he says it!

Happy New Year! 2010 will surely be an exciting year. Marino will turn 2, start preschool, and hopefully I will have my Masters degree by the end of the year. Lots to look forward to! Hope this is a great year for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment