Friday, July 1, 2011

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. Conversation with Marino at bathtime...
Marino, playing with toys: "Mama" (said to duck)
Me: "Yes?"
Marino: "No, you're not mama. You are mommy."
Me: "You used to call me mama when you were little."
Marino: "Well, I'm not little anymore."

4. We were watching "The Aristocats" the other day and, to the tune of "Everybody Wants to be a Cat" (Marino's favorite), Evan sang to Marino "Everybody, everybody, everybody wants to be your dad". Marino smiled and sang "Everybody wants to be your boy." We were pretty impressed he put that together in his head so quickly.

3. My dad and stepmom got Marino the Melissa and Doug folding castle for his birthday. It's pretty awesome. They also got a royal family set to go with it. Perfect timing, since Marino has been really into Shrek lately. Anyway, he declared that the king in the set was "the bad king." Last night I quizzed him about the rest of the family. As it turns out, the whole family is rotten. No good prince or princesses in the bunch!

2. The other night we read "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" before bed. When we were done, Marino said "Mommy, you are a beautiful butterfly." :)

1. This is so exciting! This morning, Marino woke up and I took him downstairs to change his diaper. When I took it off, he announced "I want to use the toilet." We went to the bathroom and I asked if he wanted to sit or stand. He wanted to stand and...he peed in the toilet! Standing up! Evan and I were sooooo proud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment