Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Road Trip to NJ

Saturday, Marino and I went on a road trip to visit Sonia, Cat & Siena. Marino was amazing on this trip. He only slept an hour of the 3 hour trip, but he was perfectly happy the entire time. We had given him steroids the night before and it made an instant difference in his itchiness, thankfully.

We drove straight to Grounds for a Sculpture, a sculpture garden in Hamilton, NJ, where we met Sonia and the girls, and also my friend Karen and her miracle preemie, Brandon. The sculpture garden was beautiful and, in spite of weather reports to the contrary, it was a beautiful day. It was cool to see the kids playing on these art pieces...it's cool to see art as something that can be enjoyed in many ways. There are also a lot of peacocks that live there, and given that this is mating season, there were lots of tail feathers shaking and "caroooing" going on.

I really love this picture. I love how you almost miss that there is a grand peacock in it and that Marino is looking at the camera like, "do you see this?!!"

This sculpture you could "play" like an instrument...it was really cool (although here Cat and Marino are playing with rocks instead)




I asked Marino what this was and he said "a monkey."





Siena is a total ham! Whenever I point the camera at her, this is what I get. She is a girl after my own heart!
Cat teaching Marino and Brandon something.
Marino pushing Brandon and Cat on the swing.
This is the best shot I could get of the 3 of them...they never stop moving!!

Peek a boo!!

A Cat in a cage...

Sonia and Siena
Marino climbed in this golf cart and pretended to drive...


Back at Sonia's we had lots of fun! Marino finally started calling Catalina something. For the longest time, he wouldn't say her name (he was confused why we were calling her "cat" I think). He finally started calling her "Keena" which is "Catalina" shortened, I guess. He calls Sonia "Sona", Wil "Wheel" and Siena "Nena."



I can't even stand how cute this picture is! Is this a gorgeous baby or what?!
What could be in this box?
A Cat!
A Mino!
Friends!!
Feeding ducks
Sonia and I with our children:)
It was a great day and we were so glad to get a chance to visit with Sonia and the girls and Karen and Brandon. Can't wait to see everyone again this summer!!

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say hello! Your little man is a heart breaker...or will be. He is sooo cute. I have followed you guys for a bit also. You have left such wonderful comments to me in the last few months I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your support and your words. Thank you for reaching out to our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lacey. I think of you all often and pray for your healing.

    ReplyDelete