5. The boy says the word hippopotamus as 2 words "hippo" and "amas", so it's "hippo...amas". If you try and shorten it to just say "hippo" he will correct you by adding in the "amas."
4. A few new phrases heard this week: "I don't want it" and "I want it." These are alternately endearing and maddening, depending on how many times they are uttered in any given hour.
3. Evan didn't find this as funny as me, but I thought it was hilarious to see Marino snatch up the chicken breast and eat it like a turkey leg!
2. Marino's new thing is to say "sound?" and put his hand to his ear when he hears something he doesn't recognize, much like he used to say "this?" constantly when he wanted to know the names of everything. The other day we walked by some birds and he said "Mommy, sound. Birdies say 'cheep cheep'" (the cheeps were in an extra high pitched voice). It was adorable!!
1. Marino also started saying "goodness" all the time, in the place of "whoa." It's pretty hysterical to hear a toddler saying "goodness" like a senior citizen, but at least it's polite!