As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:
5. Marino wanted me to "play" this gorilla he has that plays music and dances (when he was colicky, it was the only thing that would calm him down). Well, his batteries were dead (this happens a lot around here and I'm not always all that disappointed). I said, "he's tired, can you make him go 'night night '?", thinking he would just put him back where he found him. To my surprise, he put the gorilla face down on the ground, started patting his back and saying "night night." Then he decided he was ready for bed and threw him in the crib. It was interesting to see how his interpretation of how we put him to bed.
4. In the car on Friday, Marino was asking me for his Plex, which he had thrown on the seat next to him. I couldn't reach Plex and I told him that. He asked again. I started saying "Marino, I can't reach..." and he interrupted me and said "Mommy! Stop it! Need Plex!" He didn't want to hear anymore excuses from me, apparently!
3. The boy thinks when you knock on a door you say "not got" instead of "knock knock" (life is so confusing for toddlers, isn't it?). But it's hysterical to hear him knocking and saying "not got" over and over.
2. Marino is finally accepting watching something other than Yo Gabba Gabba. He routinely asks to watch "pets" (The Wonder Pets) and Nemo now. Evan told me a few weeks ago to stop buying every piece of YGG merchandise known to mankind, since toddlers have historically fickle tastes in favorites. I didn't believe it at the time, but the tides are changing now...
1. When I get ready to fold his laundry, I always pour the laundry basket of clean clothes on his floor (to sit on the floor and fold the billion pieces of tiny clothing) and he always squeals and dives into his clean clothes pile and says "swimming!!"