Friday, March 5, 2010

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. The other day in the car, I heard Marino saying "nom nom nom" and I looked in the rearview mirror and he was having Sophie (his plastic giraffe) "eat" the Goldfish out of his snack trap. It was very cute (and then he threw Sophie and hit me in the head with her...that was considerably less adorable).

4. He's started puckering up and making smacking noises for kisses now.

3. Toddlers are good for calling you out. On Saturday night, we had company for dinner, and I roasted a chicken. Well, Sunday afternoon, I still hadn't thrown away the carcass (lazy, I know). It was still on the stove, and when we were walking out the kitchen, Marino said "bye bye chicken."

2. Marino seems to understand the concept of counting. He's been saying "one, two, three" for a while now, but seemed to just be repeating what he'd heard other people say. But now he seems to understand actual counting and will point to the things while he's counting, up to four.

1. The other day in the car, he was talking about frogs. I read on his sheet from daycare that they learned about frogs that day, so I asked him "what does a frog say?" and he told me ("riddit"). Then I asked "what color is a frog?" and he said "green." I said "YAY!! Go Marino, go Marino, go go, go Marino!!" About 30 seconds after I stopped my cheer, he said "Mommy? Green!!" presumably so I would cheer again. He was dancing to my cheer in his car seat...that boy LOVES attention!!

No comments:

Post a Comment