Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Wednesday With My Boy

***Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures in this post. My camera battery died soon after we got there, so I sort of forced the camera to take pictures with a weak battery and the results were not great!***

Wednesday, daycare was closed for a professional day, so I took a personal day and spent the day with Marino. We had a great time! First, we went to the Playseum with our friends Jen, Sydney and Baby Noah. Sydney is the sweetest child; I just adore her! Marino is currently refusing to share anything with anyone, so this is making him a less than ideal playmate right now. Luckily, Sydney didn't seem phased by his antics.

I don't think you can fit that ball in that hoop, Marino.

Here's Sydney, being adorable in a playhouse.

Marino doing some shopping.

His favorite place in the Playseum, the ball room.

It was interesting to see what he was and wasn't interested in there. They have a room with dresses, jewelry, wigs, etc, and while I didn't expect that to be his favorite place, he started yelling when I even tried to have him come in the room (where Sydney was trying on a dress). It's very interesting to me, from a sociological standpoint, to see children take on gender roles at this age. Certainly, no one has ever told him not to like dresses and wigs or to like balls and cars, and yet he seems to naturally gravitate to those things.
I got to hold a baby bunny at the Playseum. I am totally in love with all baby animals, so this was a rare treat for me. I know this picture is awful, but I wanted to share the cuteness. Marino was actually very gentle when petting these bunnies, and the bigger bunnies they took out for us. He kept pointing at the bunnies in their cages and saying "oh, bunny jumping! oh, bunny running!" He loved them.

Sydney in the fire truck.
She's so cute, here she was telling Marino to sit in this seat.

I know this picture is out of focus, but I thought it was very cute how excited he was over this apple!
I had to take him home since he decided he was starving and went and took another boy's orange off the table in front of him. The whole way home he was saying "Bye bye, Sydney. Bye bye Baby" (baby = Noah).
After our Playseum trip, we went home to EAT and nap and then went to a follow up appointment with the Pulminologist. Ironically, Wednesday was the first time since our last visit to the Pulminologist two months ago that Marino had any congestion (we're not sure if it's a cold or allergies). He told me to keep Marino on the same dose of Pulmicort we're using (.5mg twice a day), at least until June. It's been 8 weeks and between the Pulmicort and the Singulair, Marino's breathing has been perfect. We haven't even needed any Albuterol! We'll see him again in June, and if all is still well with Marino's breathing, we'll start cutting back the Pulmicort dosage, at least until cold and flu season starts again.
After we got home from the doctor, Evan, Marino, Max and I all went down to the lake. Marino got to feed some geese, which he really enjoyed. He particularly enjoyed watching them fight over the bread; he kept saying "ooooohhhh, coooool!"


  1. What a fun day! I love going to our children's museum! Love the look of wonder and amazement over things like....apples!
    Good luck w/the asthma!
    Alex was in the ER last weekend. We were out of town visiting my parents and he just had the worst attack he has had since he was about 4 years old. Scared me to death. He is still coughing that horrible cough and finishing up prednisone. Asthma sucks.
    Talk to you soon!

  2. Oh boy, Jill. I'm sorry Alex was so sick. I can't imagine having to deal with this when Marino is a teenager (when I will have a lot less control over what he does, eats, how he takes care of himself, etc). What triggered it? An illness? Does he play sports?