As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:
5. Marino's favorite phrase last weekend was "how you been?" Everytime Evan walked into the room, he'd ask "How you been, Daddy?"
4. Marino loves pretend play right now and has quite the imagination. However, his imagination is limited when it comes to naming his toys. They all have quite literal names. The other day, his plane was introducing itself to Muno (from Yo Gabba Gabba). "Hi, I'm red plane" it said. "Hi, red plane, I'm red Muno" said Muno.
3. Marino is working on his understanding of time. If you tell him something is happening tomorrow, he'll ask "[is it happening] in a little while?" Yesterday in the car, we talked about going to NY. He said "How many houses until we get to Gramma's house? Mommy, there are 3 trees until we get there."
2. On Sunday, we were without electricity for 15 hours so we went out to dinner. It was a gorgeous evening and we sat outside. On the way to the restaurant, we walked past a fountain. "Oh, look," said Marino, "its a geiser!"
1. The other night he said "Mommy, I want Max [our dog] to sleep with us. He is not a wild thing.", you know, in case I thought he meant Max from Where the Wild Things Are (a current favorite).
He turned his head while Evan was cutting his hair last week, so he ended up needing to shave the whole thing off. It was shocking at first, but it's grown on me.