Friday, September 16, 2011

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. The boy has finally gotten the hang of riding a bike. It's his favorite thing - he asks to ride it constantly - at night, in the rain, etc.

4. Conversation with Marino at bedtime last week: Marino: "I am a kid. And Daddy is a kid."
Me: "Is Mommy a kid?"
Marino: "No, you are a doll."
Me: "You mean an adult?"
Marino: "No, a doll. You are a Barbie Doll."

3. Potty training is a challenge. The other day, I spent 30 minutes in the bathroom with Marino trying to convince him to use the potty. It didn't work. I finally agreed to go back downstairs, at which point Marino said "Aw, don't give up now!"

2. On Friday, Shi Shi came over for dinner and Marino told her "Daddy picked me up from school in his car. He likes me because I say "Daddy, daddy, daddy".

1. Marino has become very interested in sight reading. When I read to him, he asks me to point to which words I'm saying and then identifies the words on other pages. I'm really excited about this development!

No comments:

Post a Comment