Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Big Brother

My big brother, Brendan, is sick again. Back in March, I blogged about his battle with squamous cell cancer. He had surgery to remove the cancer from his tongue and his lymph nodes and then underwent a grueling combination of radiation and chemotherapy. While he was undergoing this treatment, the cancer spread to the lungs, which is not typical behavior for this cancer (is that an oxymoron?). The cancer is not curable, but it is treatable. He starts chemo again next week. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

This is a long battle and he needs strength to fight it.

Here's a couple old pictures of us. This one is from this place called The Catskill Game Farm, which is no longer open. We loved this place.
And here's my whole little family around 1980. I am about 2 and Brendan is about 8 in this picture. My parents look like kids, too! They are about 26 and 27 in this picture. The picture is from my grandparents old house, which was amazing. Not only did it have a giant inground pool, but the rock steps in back of us led up a hill, and at the top was an apple orchard! We loved it there.
Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment