Friday, August 26, 2011

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. We've been working on potting training and Marino has been requesting to read the book Once Upon a Potty. The book is not my favorite, for a variety of reasons, but primarily because the "potty" is not actually a potty but a pot of sorts. Naturally, this is confusing for Marino. While reading it the other day he announced "This is not a potty! This is a pitcher. It has milk in it." I told him we should just pretend it's a toilet, but really, it looks nothing like any potty he will ever use.

4. Wednesday we met up with Sharon, the director of the daycare Marino was at until the end of July. We met at the lake by our house and on the way there, I told him I had a surprise for him. When we saw Sharon, I said "look at your surprise!" He took her hand and said "Shi, Shi, let's go find my surprise!"

3. While we were at the lake, we came across some ducks. "Look at these ducks," he said, "they are so cute. Hi ducks!!"

2. Sunday, the three of us went to a birthday party at Bounce U. Everyone, adults included, had a blast! Marino couldn't eat the cake, of course, and giving into some sad faces, I promised to bake him an eggless cake when we got home (to which he announced "Eggs make me sick"). We had to stop at Home Depot on the way home and Evan ran in and left Marino in the car. After a few minutes, Marino asked me "Is Daddy in there baking my cake?"

1. Still thinking of the party when we got home, while watching "Superfriends", Marino announced "Superfriends are super fast, just like me at the bouncy house!"

No comments:

Post a Comment