Friday, August 5, 2011

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. I overheard Quintyn telling Marino about a dream he had the other night. He was saying "I had the money, I had the girl..." and Marino interrupts with "You had the power?" Where do they get this stuff?!

4. We have a local church that has a very active pro-life group that demonstrates about a mile from our house every day. They have a billboard truck that drives in circles around where we live with enormous pictures of aborted fetuses. As a firm believer in a woman's right to choose, this makes me mad. As a mother, it makes me down right angry. I should not have to explain to my 3 year old what that picture is of. The truck drove by the other day and I said "I don't like that truck." Marino said "I don't like that truck either. It makes me mad!"

3. Marino becomes more dramatic as his vocabulary increases. The other day he woke up with an apparently sore leg. As we walked down the steps he said "Mommy, my leg hurts. Mommy, this is really hard for me. It hurts with every step. I can't do it; it's too hard!"

2. Tuesday, I took the boys to a pool/water park. Marino amazes me with how great he is in the water this year. The week before at North Beach was the first time he willingly put his head in the water. On Tuesday, he was having me count down and jump down under the water with him, having me chase him, etc. So much fun!

1. Marino did a little playdate at his new preschool yesterday (he starts on Aug. 15th). He did ok, although they said he cried a little about 30 minutes after I left (when he realized I wasn't coming back). When I put him to bed last night he kissed me and said "I missed you so much today, Mommy. I even cried. I was so sad." ::heartbreaking::

No comments:

Post a Comment