Friday, August 12, 2011

More Brother Adventures

The second week Quintyn was here I took off of work to hang out with both of the boys. We had a lot of fun and of course it was such a joy to see the boys bond and get to know each other better.

Monday, we went to the National Air and Space Museum in Chantilly, VA. I can't say enough good things about this place (thanks, Jen, for recommending it). The staff were remarkably friendly and helpful. The place is big enough for a toddler to run around without getting in other people's way (I did end up needing to get the stroller ohttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifut of the car, which is a rarity...I wore my step counter and we walked 2.5 miles while we were there. The place is enormous). Oh, and it's free (there is a $15 parking fee per car). And there's a McDonald's inside.

Quintyn absolutely loves military stuff so he was in heaven there (in fact, his aunts took him back at the end of the week so he could see more). I let him use my camera and he took over 100 photos there - he was so excited.

They had a real space shuttle there - so cool!
Later that evening, we took the boys over to the lake in back of our house to do some fishing. Evan LOVES to fish (he goes almost every day...its nice to have a lake 20 steps from our yard). He bought both boys a fishing pole (Marino's doesn't have a hook...but the turtles were big fans).
They all had a lot of fun attempting to catch fish.

Marino looked at this picture and said "Daddy helps me."



Even cuter than this picture itself is the fact that Quintyn told me to take it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment