Friday, August 12, 2011

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. My portable DVD player broke right before our 7 hour car ride to Myrtle Beach last week. Luckily, Marino did a good job of entertaining himself. He has this large Optimus Prime figure he got for his birthday. At one point, he was saying "It's ok, I'll change your diaper." "Mommy, he can't sit down [legs don't bend] so he can't go poo poo in the potty. I have to change his diaper." After changing him, he snuggled Optimus Prime and told him "Shhh...it's ok". In the meantime, he's pressing the button on Optimus' chest and he's announcing "DECEPTACONS! INCOMING!"

4. Marino is all about superheros right now, which he nicknames "supers". One of his favorites is Batman, which he calls "DatMan." I find this hysterical but Evan insists on correcting him. I asked him what Batman's super power was the other day and he responded "he kicks balls."

3. While we were at the beach last week (post to come) he told me "I love palm trees! They have spikes on them!"

2. Spending time with his brother has given Marino a whole new vocabulary of boy-speak. On the car ride home from the beach he was telling me "Oh no, Mommy. There's a ghost...it's like an alien...no, it's like 2 aliens. They're so creepy!!"

1. Yesterday we went to see Marino's allergist. He told the doctor "We're here to talk about my allergies. My allergies are very sad."

No comments:

Post a Comment