Friday, October 15, 2010

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. Twice on last Friday, Marino said "Excuse me, sir" when he wanted to get by a man. I have no idea where he picked that up, but it definately got him a lot of praise!

4. When anyone does something Marino doesn't like, he declares they are "trouble." Max knocks him over while they are playing, he tells me "Mommy, Max is trouble!" Daddy ends up getting the trouble designation the most these days.

3. At the zoo on Monday, Marino was "yelling" at Sydney about something. She told him, "Marino, be nice!" and he said "I sorry, Sydney" and gave her a hug. I told Jen I need Sydney around more to put Marino in his place!

2. I still get amazed when Marino goes from not using a word at all to using it correctly in more than one context. On Monday morning, he was climbing all over Evan and I and Evan asked him "Where are you going?" He said "I'm not going anywhere." We'd never heard him say that before. Later that day, after he decided bugs are terrifying he asked me if there were spiders in the car. I said no and he asked me "No spiders anywhere?" Then Thursday morning, while were stuck in traffic, he announced "We're not going anywhere!"

1. My mom got Marino dinosaur bath toys. They come with an island, which he immediately labelled "Treasure Island". I have no idea where he got that...Dora maybe? My mom said he was having the dinosaurs fight each other but at the end they said "I sorry" and "I sorry, too".

1 comment:

  1. I love that he is so polite. That does warm a mommies heart for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete