Friday, April 1, 2011

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. While we were having lunch with friends last week, Marino called "Hey, Buddy!" across the table to Tony.

4. At nap time over the weekend, Max was in bed with Marino and I. Marino was petting him and he said "I don't want to be mean to Maxis. Max is a good boy. I want to be Max's friend. We're a team" and put his arm around him. "You be on our team, too, Mommy?"

3. While wrapping presents the other day, I finished the roll of wrapping paper, so I put the empty roll with the paper recycling. Marino saw it in the morning, held it to his eye and said "Look! It's a telescope!"

2. The boy is very into dinosaurs right now ("Dinosaur Train" is his current favorite show). He calls a T-Rex a "Team Rex". It always makes me laugh.

1. Marino was sick on Tuesday, so he and I stayed home together. Around 5pm, Evan called and I was sitting in the kitchen talking to him on the phone. Generally, Marino gets very irritated if I talk on the phone, so I was impressed with how well he was playing by himself in the living room....until I went in there. He had emptied half a bottle of lotion and had swirled it all over the end table and driven his cars through it. There was lotion every where! When I asked what possessed him to do that, he said "My cars needed soap. You rinse them off now, Mommy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment