Friday, June 18, 2010

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. The funniest thing I heard Marino say this week was "Ishmael." Ishmael is one of Evan's best friends and he was over on Wednesday helping Evan move a couch. Marino kept trying to get his attention and calling "Ish......maaaaaal" - it was adorable!

4. Wednesday I had to go to daycare during the day to bring Marino some allergy medicine. Unfortunately, it was right before nap time and he was a mess when I had to leave (as soon as he saw me, he said "bye bye everybody" thinking we were leaving). The director emailed me to tell me he calmed down when I left but he still didn't want to sleep. One of the nurses asked him what happened to his sleep and he said "it's gone."

3. Marino was looking at a book of dinosaurs the other day. One dinosaur was peeking out from behind a tree and Marino pointed to him and said "dinosaur get you." I thought that was clever that he deduced the dinosaur was stalking it's prey.

2. I love pretend play! This morning in the car, Marino was chatting with Elmo. He said "Elmo, want some goldfish?" He then replied "OK, yeah. Goldfish yum!" Elmo was also putting his hands up and saying "Yay, Ish...mael" (I think that is Marino's new favorite word).

1. One of the joys of my life is playing "get you" (aka hide and go seek) with my boy. No matter where I "hide" and how much he knows I'm going to jump out and scare him, he always screams, puts his hands up like he's terrified and laughs uncontrollably and then asks for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment