Friday, June 11, 2010

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. Marino is learning his colors (previously, if you asked him what color something was, 9 times out of 10 it was "green"). I asked him the color of some cars the other day and he correctly identified green, red and blue. He called yellow "purple." It's a process but he's definitely getting it!

4. The other morning, Evan was up with Marino and he said "Daddy, what sound?" (meaning, what's that sound?). Evan said, "I don't hear anything" and Marino said "I kidding, Daddy."


3. As I was carrying him to bed the other night, he patted me on the back and whispered "it's ok, Mommy, it's ok."

2. The boy still wakes up overnight a lot. The other night I was up with him around 4am and he said these beautiful words to me "I take nap."

1. I took Marino to the pulminologist on Wednesday (and YAY! we are weaning him off the Pulmicort for the summer, provided he does ok, and just keeping him on the Singulair). Normally, Marino is opposed to anything we ask him to do at the doctor's office (any doctor, not just this one). This time, he walked right up and stood on the scale (without us even asking) and said "ok, bubbles!" The nurse usually has to blow bubbles to get him to stand still on the scale, and I guess he remembered! He also willingly stuck his finger in the pulse ox machine, waited for the beep and said "Mommy's turn!" When the doctor came in the room, Marino immediately pulled his pants down (totally unnecessary for the pulminologist).

2 comments:

  1. He's too cute. I love that he's willing to de-pants himself without prompting. So funny.

    ReplyDelete