I've been slacking on my 5 on Fridays...between losing Brendan and battling a nasty sinus infection, its been a rough month for me. But here we go, as always (almost), here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:
5. At our buddy Claire's birthday party, which featured a princess cake, Marino announced, "I don't like princesses. I only like action and things that are cool
and awesome. Princesses are beautiful but they're not cool or awesome."
4. I brought home some shells, coral and coral rock from Miami. Marino and I looked through them and he pointed out the coral and said "this one is my favorite. It looks like an awesome laser."
3. After we read a (factual) book about owls a few nights ago, I asked Marino if he likes owls. "No, they're spooky." I asked"Why are they spooky?" His response, "Because they're always going off
with witches and that's why they're spooky." Hard to argue with 4 year
2. The other day we were stuck in morning traffic. Marino said "Mommy, go faster. You need to use the power of speed."
1. At dinner the other night, Marino was staring at me. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked. "Because I just love you." he said.