Friday, July 27, 2012

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. The other day, Marino announced "We're a family that likes warm showers and warm baths."

4. While waiting at CVS the other day for a prescription, Marino and I were playing with Ironman and Wolverine. I have to admit that playing superheroes is not my strong point. At one point Wolverine (me) thanked Ironman (Marino) for something. "Don't say thank you, Wolverine," said Marino, "Super heroes don't need to say thank you."

3. After Evan pointed out Darth Vader on tv to Marino the other day, he started running around saying "I'm Dark Vader!"

2. Last Sunday, I went on a very long hike (12 miles). Saturday night, I was telling Marino about it and why I would be gone when he woke up in the morning. "Mommy, I need to talk to you about something," he said, very seriously. "Don't go in any caves. There could be lions in there."

1. Yesterday at camp, the kids made frozen bananas with a variety of toppings (chocolate, coconut, etc). Marino insisted that he put "sprinklers" on his banana. Even when we tried to give him the correct word, he insisted they are called "sprinklers".

2 comments:

  1. I always look forward to Marino's "sayings" lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, that is too funny! Calling sprinkles "sprinklers", lol! :)

    ReplyDelete