Friday, March 2, 2012

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. I'm obsessed with taking pictures. This has been an obsession since I was 14, so everyone in my life is fairly used to it and complies. Marino has been a stickler, though, and generally not willing to smile or pose for pictures. That is, until the past month, when he not only is willing to pose, but will ASK ME TO TAKE HIS PICTURE!! This is the greatest thing ever for me. Below is just one of the many pictures this month where he said "Mommy, take a picture of me! CHEESE!"
4. The other day, we watched some short video where kids talked about their bedrooms. After, Marino told me "my room is my special place. I just love it!"

3. Last weekend his friend Ryan came over to play. After he left, Marino said "I love Ryan. He's like my brother."

2. Marino has gotten really good at expressing himself. If he can't remember the name of something, he'll describe it until you understand him. For instance, the other day he was trying to talk about Peter Pan, but couldn't remember his name. "He's a boy, he flies, he has a green hat and a green shirt..." He also described pudding to me the other day "It's white, you eat it with a spoon, it's cold..." and jello "it's red and shaky."

1. Marino likes to play this game where he starts saying "I love you" and then gets more and more effusive as time goes on. When he runs out of superlatives, he just starts throwing nonsense out there. Last night when I was putting him to bed, he said "Mommy, I love you so-ey, so-ey, so-ey much-ey!"

1 comment:

  1. This takes me back to my childhood and my father's father...he was in the habit of asking how much you loved someone or something and responding, with arms spread wide, 'This Much'. It was a much younger cousin on that side of the family who bettered this response, with his own, most creative saying...'two apartment houses full'.

    ReplyDelete