Friday, December 10, 2010

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:


5. Sunday night we put a small, 2 foot, lighted Christmas tree in Marino's room. He wasn't particularly impressed with it initially. A few hours after he went to bed, I heard the doors slamming upstairs and Marino running. I found him in our room, looking for me. I asked him what was wrong and he said "I love my Christmas tree, Mommy! I love it!!"

4. The other night I was putting Marino to bed and, as usual, he was talking my ear off. I told him to stop talking because it was bed time. He began whispering the Barney song "I love you, you love me..." including dramatic pauses for the "great big hug" and "a kiss from me to you." At the end when it says "won't you say you love me too?" I said "I love you" and he whispered back "me too." I started laughing and he began cracking up. "I so funny, Mommy" he said, "You so funny, too."

3. Last Saturday I was holed up in our bedroom working on finishing up some papers for school. Evan came upstairs to talk to me. A few minutes later, Marino came running into the room. Butt naked, not a stitch of clothing on him. I asked Evan why he was naked and he said "Uh, he had clothes on when I left him downstairs!"

2. Your kids love you like no one else ever will. Every night when I put Marino to bed, he asks me to lay down with him. When I do, he puts his face right up against my face with an ear to ear smile and says "Mommy!!!" and starts giggling, like me being in his bed is the most exciting thing ever.

1. We watched How The Grinch Stole Christmas this week, which is my favorite Christmas story (we have the DVD). It was so fun watching with Marino this year. He kept being super dramatic about everything that was happening, "That's not nice, The Grinch." "Mommy, that's not good." "Mommy, The Grinch is not nice."

No comments:

Post a Comment