Friday, December 3, 2010

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. We got to see Gus at my Dad's last week. Our dog, Max, is continually trying to put Gus in his place, which means they "wrestle" as dogs do almost non-stop. Marino kept getting freaked out and saying "Max is eating yittle puppy!"

4. We were reading a book the other day and he pointed to a woman and said "Its Sawa". I said, "Do you mean it's mommy" and he said "No, not mommy. Mommy's right here." and pointed to me. "It's other Sawa."

3. Story from Gramma:
One of Marino's bath toys, a star, is supposed to make a fountain. I told him it doesn't work. He flipped it over, looked at the back, and handed it back to me, saying matter of factly, "Batteries". I think he may be right, I just hadn't thought a bath toy would have them :-)


2. Marino has been bottle-free for 2 weeks now. I know, I know, he's almost 2 and a half, but I really debated with myself whether or not it was really that bad for him to still drink a bottle before bed (I brush his teeth after), since it gives him so much comfort. I decided if he seemed unable to move on, I'd reconsider, but I packed up all the bottles and toughed it out. However, Sunday night he was having trouble sleeping because he was so sick. I asked him what would make him happy and he said "Mino want to drink a bottle." I asked again and he settled for "Sing Old McDonald" (he fell asleep on my chest while I was singing).

1. On Saturday, my mom gave him a piece of French Peasant Bread while we were waiting for dinner. We never even told him the name of the bread, but apparently he heard us talking about it, because when he finished the piece he was eating, he said "Mino want more french bread".

No comments:

Post a Comment