Friday, September 3, 2010

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. Marino's speech evolves so much from week to week. Lately, he has been saying "my back"- asking me to pat his back at bed time. This week he busted out with "Mommy, want to give me your hand on my back?"

4. For the past couple weeks, Marino had been complaining about "my bugs in my ears", which we interpreted as an extended swimmer's ear infection. Evan took him back to the pediatrician to check and it turns out "the bugs" are actually his two year molars. She said they can cause pain in the ear (as well as to the external jaw). This means the boy will FINALLY be done cutting teeth (and hopefully drooling!!)

3. Wednesday night Marino started to say his prayers without me. He said, "Now I lay me..." and when I didn't chime in, he looked at me and said "DO IT, BABE! DO IT!" (as in "say it with me"). Evan calls me "babe" 90% of the time, but it was hysterical to hear Marino say it.

2. Evan converted Marino's crib to a toddler bed this week. We showed it to him and asked him what he thought in the afternoon and his only thoughts were "I don't want to go sleep!" :) It hasn't seemed to effect his sleep at all. Such a big boy now!

1. Last weekend, out of no where, Marino gave me a "big hug" (and announced it as such) and said "Mommy, I love a you".

No comments:

Post a Comment