Friday, August 20, 2010

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. On Saturday, my dad, stepmother, Evan and I were all in the living room with Marino (which Marino calls "the big room"). Marino was doing a snake impression and going around to everyone saying "now you do it". Then he decided he wanted us all to do it together - a symphony of snakes - and announced "Everybody do it! SSSSSSSSSSS"

4. On Sunday, while my Dad and Barb were over, Marino was jumping off the couch. I asked him about 765 times to stop jumping off the couch. He stopped leaping and started modifying it to more of a fall off the couch and told me "I stepping"...apparently "stepping" off the couch is not the same as "jumping" off the couch.

3. August is dinosaur month at daycare (Marino loves dinosaurs) and yesterday when we arrived, they were dinosaur tracks on the floor. The Director, Sharon (ShiShi) asked Marino if he wanted to go find the dinosaur (aka actually let Mommy get out the door without a meltdown) and he put his hand up to his mouth and said "ooooh scary!!"

2. For the first time ever, Marino asked me on Thursday, "What do you call this?" (he has obviously asked me that before but not in such a direct way). And of course, I didn't know the answer! The object he had in his hand was one of those spiky balls but it was flat on one side. So here I was saying "um..." and he was trying to help me "Ball? Circle" Finally, I said "It's half a ball". How is the boy stumping me with questions already?!

1. He has learned his bedtime prayers well enough that he can say a modified version of them on his own now. The other night after he did the full version, he did a second version on his own (stall bedtime tactic). He ended he prayer with"bless Mommy, bless Daddy, bless tv."

No comments:

Post a Comment