Friday, June 17, 2011

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. The other day, Marino saw Sandra, the Baby Room teacher, walk by the preschool room as we were putting his things away. She was pushing a baby in a stroller. Marino ran, grabbed a play stroller and a doll and rushed out there. "I have baby, too!" he said, proudly.

4. During the NBA playoffs last week, one morning Evan made the mistake of turning the channel from Diego to watch Sports Center. Since then, every time Evan comes in the room, Marino announces "I'M NOT watching basketball!"

3. The other day we were watching tv and Marino announced "I need Diego!" "We're watching Diego" I said. "No, I need to get IN the TV with Diego" said Marino.

2. Saturday, we went to a historic train station in Point of Rocks to take family pictures with my friend Gina. There was a pay phone and Marino was fascinated (he hadn't seen one before). He kept picking up the receiver and saying "Hello? Gramma? Grampa Ray? It's Marino."

1. Yesterday morning, Marino woke up crabby (he actually told me he was a crab and made his hands into pinching claws). He is really into the movie "Shrek" right now and is always assigning us roles from the movie for pretend play (I am always Princess Fiona). This morning he decided he wanted to be the dragon and demanded "I NEED FIRE IN MY MOUTH" and threw a tantrum because I wasn't providing him with the desired fire in his mouth ::sigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment