Friday, November 26, 2010

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. The other day when we got out of the car, Marino said, "Mommy, the moon is very full today" (it was, by the way). I have no idea where he got that from, since I've never discussed the phases of the moon with him, but it was pretty impressive!

4. Every time we mentioned Thanksgiving in the week leading up to it, he would say "Mino eat turkeys."

3. I swear the boy is a comedian. He'll get all worked up about something trivial (like he doesn't see any buses on our morning commute) and he'll be super dramatic ("OH NO!! MINO CAN'T FIND A BUS!! WHERE IS THE BUS, MOMMY? COME HERE THE BUS!!!") and then shake his head and say very calmly "it's not good." It cracks me up every time!

2. On Sunday, he bit into his balloon animal from Noah's party. Of course, it popped and shriveled up. The look on Marino's face was priceless! He just stood there in disbelief and handed to me, saying "Here, Mommy. You fix it."

1. Marino's vocabulary and speech has been improving by leaps and bounds the last few weeks. He'll say something and Evan and I will look at each other and say "did you hear that?" For example, the other night he told me "I thirsty." I asked if he wanted water, he said yes and drank all the water I gave him. As another example, the other morning he was climbing up Evan's legs and he said "I climbing the mountain". He also is using old words in new ways, like smiling at his bath toy and saying "Hi, little guy." Its really amazing to have a perfectly coherent conversation with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment