As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:
5. The other night I sighed when I was sitting next to Marino. He started rubbing my back and said "What's a matter, honey? What's wrong, my honey?"
4. Marino is in the habit of saying things to get a reaction out of me. You can tell, because he'll get this faint little smirk and his eyes seem to be smiling. In the car the other night, he said "Mino go poo poo". I asked him if he had to use the potty and he said "poo poo coming." I asked if he had to go right now and he said "poo poo coming to get you, Mommy!"
3. On Monday, Grammy Deb gave him Chuck the Truck. He is in love with "my truck"! Chuck "comes" when you call him and the look on his face when he gets Chuck to come is PRICELESS! He is soooo pleased with himself!!
2. Speaking of priceless faces, Marino has this new face he makes when he is giving out "big hugs" (inanimate objects included). He closes his eyes and purses his lips. It's adorable. See below..."big hugs" for his buddy Claire.
1. I mentioned last month that one of the beautiful things about Marino's age and his daycare is that the kids all treat each other the same, regardless of physical or cognitive limitations. Everyone just is who they are, and the children's capabilities for interaction don't influence their inclusion in what's going on. On Saturday, Marino took it upon himself to pass out the birthday hats. When he got to his friend Wyatt, who has physical limitations that would prevent him from being able to put on his own hat, Marino didn't even flinch before standing on his tip toes, leaning over Wyatt's wheelchair, and putting his hat on for him. I was so proud of my boy in that moment - that he showed such care for his friend.