Wednesday, June 10, 2009

One Year Ago...




A year ago today, our friend Dave King took the pictures above for us. I was 29 weeks pregnant and blissfully unaware of what the next few months had in store for us. I definately enjoyed being pregnant (once I got past the first trimester)...as I mentioned before, I never got to the point in pregnancy where I didn't like being pregnant anymore. I definately loved having Marino kicking inside of me and daydreaming about who he would be.

I'm feeling very emotional as Marino's 1st birthday approaches. It's not really so much that he's turning one but more a feeling of being overwhelmed when I look back at the past year, with all it's twists and turns. I have to think that in my adult life (barring any unforseen tragedy), I'll never have another year where life will change so drastically as it did this past year (I think this is probably true for all first time parents, regardless of the circumstances around their baby's birth). To think that a year ago, it was just Evan and I... and now our lives are so FULL with this amazing new life. Looking at these pictures just makes me realize that I could have never dreamed of what was to come for us. I've tried to find the words to express what it means to be Marino's mom, but everything seems so inadequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment