Friday, January 21, 2011

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. One of the things we got Marino for Christmas was a travel airport toy and a pack of toys that fly: airplanes, helicopters, hot air balloons, etc. One of the things in the pack is a blimp. Marino asked me what it was and I told him. He turned it vertically and said "It's not a blimp, it's a rocket". I was blown away by this, since we've never discussed rockets before. I asked him how he knew what a rocket was and he thought about it and said "like George". At the very end of the Curious George movie, George and Ted take a ride in a rocket ship. Its really fascinating how their little minds work!

4. Tuesday morning, I woke up to Marino giving me a kiss on my nose.


3. Wednesday night, when I put Marino to bed, he said "I want a big hug". When I gave him one, he said "Aw, that's nice. Great job, Mommy."

2. We went to visit my friend Sonia and her girls last weekend (post coming). Since then, Marino has been very interested in princesses. He told Shi Shi (daycare director) that she looked like a princess when she put her coat on the other day. Later, I tried on a dress and he said "Mommy! You're a princess" when I put it on. Such a charmer!

1. Last night Marino and I were reading "Hop on Pop". He pointed to one of the Seuss characters (think an adult "who" from "Whoville") and said "Is that my Mommy?" I asked, "Why? Does it look like Mommy?" Very seriously, he nodded and said "Yes". So much for being a princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment