Friday, January 14, 2011

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. If we're doing something Marino doesn't like (changing his diaper, blowing his nose), he now tells us "That's enough!"

4. Marino has a little brush I keep next to the tub to put in his special leave in conditioner. He likes to make me laugh by saying "for my teeth?" and holding the hair brush up to his mouth with a huge smile. Sunday night he said "For my teeth?" and I laughed and said no, and he then propped his butt up in the air and held the brush there asking "for my bottom?" The boy loves to make me laugh!

3. He has just started "reading" to me; he will flip through the pages of the book and tell me what the story says, in part from memory and in part from imagination. I absolutely love it!

2. Marino just added a new snuggle partner to our house - a cozy bear he got from daycare. Now he sleeps with his "boy", a stuffed robot my friend Rachel gave him for his birthday and the bear. Tuesday night, he gathered them all up together in his arms, gave them a hug and said "I love you guys!"


1. When I picked Marino up from daycare on Tuesday, the kids were in a circle singing a little song ..."I like Marino, yes I do, I like Marino how about you?" The nurse told me they were singing all the kid's names and Marino asked "Are we going to sing about my Mommy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment