Friday, October 16, 2009
5 on Friday
As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:
5. In the past few weeks he has learned so many animals and their sounds. He knows dog/woof, cat/meow, sheep/baa, goat/maa, cow/moo, duck/quack (duck is his favorite), owl/whoo, lion/roar. Its so exciting to see things coming together in his mind. I think he's a genius, but I'm probably biased;)
4. I found another song that makes Marino want to dance. This morning we heard "I Can't Stand the Rain" by Missy Elliott on the radio (very appropriate, given the current weather). I love that song, too. Anyway, when it came on, he did his crazy hype dance where he puts his hands in the air and wiggles in his seat.
3. Over the weekend, we met some new neighbors with a border collie. This dog is obsessed with playing frisby. He would drop his frisby in front of Marino, who would "throw" it 6 inches in front of him and the dog would spin in circles, pick up the frisby and drop it in front of Marino again. I swear, this went on for 20 minutes.
2. Marino continues to be an awesome climber. He can fairly effortlessly get himself on the couch now, which makes it fairly impossible to block off any part of the living room (he just goes over the couch to get around the gate issue). He likes to sit on the couch and read books with us (I think it makes him feel like a big boy). He also likes standing on the couch (which is a big no-no).
1. Today I said to Marino "Please be gentle with Mama" and he leaned over and kissed my nose!
My Aunt Mary sent Marino a xylophone in the mail and some wooden cars (other things, too). He went crazy for them! Check out this video of him going to town on his new xylophone. This boy takes music pretty seriously!