Friday, January 24, 2014

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:

5. The other day, Marino asked "Mommy, can you come over here and snuggle with me?" When I came over for snuggles I said, "Aw, you love Mommy! I'm the best Mommy, right?"  He said "Mommy, if you get me a snack, then I will call you that."

4.  Marino has been asking for an umbrella, so I finally got him one (Spider-Man).  He was more excited about this gift than anything I've given him before.  Every day he says "Mommy, I love my umbrella. I can't believe you got this for me. You're the best!" He then said, "Mommy, can you make it rain so I can use this?" I told him no and he said, "Why? You're not a scientist?"

3. At bedtime the other night, Marino said, "Mommy, you're like my life-sized stuffed animal."

2.  The other day I got out of the shower and Marino sniffed me.  He said, "Mommy, you smell like ice cream mixed with grossness."

1.  I go to physical therapy to try and stop some of the inflammation in my neck and shoulders that my neurologist thinks contributes to my migraines.  Marino goes with me sometimes if I have an early morning appointment.  The other day we drove by the PT office while Marino's cousin, Landyn, was with us. "There's the physical therapy building," said Marino.  "That's where I go and watch tv and my mommy lays down and her friend Amy hurts her." I get deep tissue massages there and they often are painful; Amy and I had a good laugh when I told her this story.

One more! In the car the other day, Marino was drawing on his Doodle Pro. "Look, I drew a polar bear wearing the cone of shame" he said!

No comments:

Post a Comment