Friday, January 17, 2014

5 on Friday

I've been so neglectful of the blog...I just can't keep up with blogging about everything anymore.  However, I do want to keep up with the funny moments as best I can, so after a long absence, here is a new list of 5 reasons I am loving my boy this week: 

5.  The other day Marino asked, "Mommy, did you marry Daddy so that I would be gorgeous?"
Me:  "Why, do you think Daddy is gorgeous?"
Marino:  "Well, maybe he was when you married him."

4.  We went to a birthday party at Croydon Creek Nature Center last weekend (very cool).  Some gems from Marino while we were there...

Croydon Creek Staffer:   "Can anyone tell me a kind of reptile?"
Marino:  "A T-Rex!"

Croydon Creek Staffer, brings out a turtle:  "This is Daisy."
Marino:  "Oh, that's the girl turtle that really likes me. No, seriously, she likes me."

Croydon Creek Staffer:  "Ok, I have one more animal to bring out that you can touch."
Marino:  "Please be a snake, please be a snake."

3.  Last week, Marino read his first entire book!  It took 2 days and was not easy, but he did it!  However, this seems to have gone to his head.  Over the weekend, Marino announced to Evan and I that he is the smartest person in our house. "Remember, I read a whole book last week? Hello, smartest one in the house here."

2.  The other day, Max was having a seizure.  Marino was very sweet and comforting him.  He said "It's ok, Max, just calm down. Let your brain reload."

1. Marino came with me to physical therapy yesterday. He asked the therapist,"Can you scoot my chair closer to my mommy so she won't feel alone?"

No comments:

Post a Comment