Friday, August 30, 2013
5 on Friday
As always, here are 5 special reasons I am loving my boy this week:
5. We visited our friends in NJ last week and we went to see a movie. Marino said to the cashier at the theater, "You look like Tony Stark." (Tony Stark is Iron Man, if you're not familiar). The cashier said that is the look he was going for.
4. The other morning, at 4am, Marino woke me up to inform me that his new stuffed Green Lantern watches over him and keeps him safe at night (seriously, he woke me up just to tell me that and then went back to bed). The other night he told me he couldn't sleep because he is afraid of the dark. I asked him what happened to Green Lantern watching over him and he said, "Sometimes Green Lantern is afraid of the dark. And now is a sometime."
3. The other day, Marino came home from school with half of his lunch uneaten. I asked him why he didn't eat it all. He said "I didn't have time. I was practicing using my voice."
2. Marino has decided he loves babies and wants a baby sister. The other day he announced, "Mommy, I want you to have a baby sister in your belly. A sister that will live with me. Her name will be Gabriella."
1. On our road trip last week, Marino and I were listening to NPR. He heard the word "mention" and asked me what it means. I explained it to him and 30 minutes later he said, "Mommy, did I mention I want to stop at Old McDonald's?"